L/L Research would like to announce its annual Homecoming Gathering held in our hometown of Louisville, KY.
Beginning: Friday, September 4. 5:00 PM eastern.
Ending: Sunday, September 6. Evening.
(With optional, additional time on Monday, September 7th if you’d like to hang out, to help clean up in the morning, and, possibly, to share a couple hours of meditation and noble silence in the afternoon.)
Carla really enjoyed the teaching format. She had such a gift for the speaking inspiration of blue ray, and had so much to share. As her medical condition increasingly limited her abilities, however, we developed a tradition of the symposium: creating the space for attendees to use a 30-minute segment of time to present on a topic close to their heart. We will use the same format for the 2015 Homecoming Gathering.
Presentation is not necessary-many choose to participate in the event without presenting-but it is highly encouraged if you have even an inkling of interest. We love hearing from everyone in the circle and we find the energy flows, builds, and spirals upward ever so intensely and beautifully when seekers bring something to the table.
Options for presentation include but are not limited to:
- Sharing of significant catalyst or important event in your life.
- Explaining why JJ Abrams was the wrong choice to direct Star Wars: Episode 7
- Coming with a question for the group in order to receive feedback from other seekers
- Playing or performing music, reciting poetry, or other creative expression
- Summing up the secrets of the universe in a 30 min presentation with PowerPoint slides
- Reading a paper you wrote on philosophy, metaphysics, or something else close to your heart.
The basic criteria are that your presentation be in some way related to spirituality, philosophy, personal growth, and of course not be heinously offensive to other attendees. Within those parameters the possibilities are limitless.
Though we would prefer to open our arms and have a Woodstock-sized event, but with better parking and no brown acid, our suburban location limits the amount of people to a maximum of 40 we can accommodate comfortably. And registration is officially open!
To register please go here or send an email to us at gro.hcraeserll/@tcatnoc.
Tuition for L/L Research’s Homecoming this year is $180.
1) A meal charge of $30 covers five meals: a phenomenal home-cooked meal dinner on Friday + breakfast and lunch buffet on both Saturday & Sunday.
2) You will be responsible for dinners Saturday and Sunday night at nearby restaurants where we will have reservations.
Upon registration, we will point you to the hotel we recommend to all Homecoming attendees, though there are many within a five mile radius from which to choose.
If help is needed, we can provide transportation to and from the airport for a $10.00 roundtrip fee to cover fodder for our pack mules (or gas for our vehicles, if they’re available).
TBA. It will look much like last recent curriculums, like this one.
If you would like to discuss the upcoming event with other seekers and perhaps look into the possibility of carpooling and/or room sharing and/or couch surfing, please visit Homecoming’s thread on the Bring4th Forums in the “Meet-Up Area” forum here.